A very warm welcome to you at the 160th Founder’s Day Celebrations of The Lawrence School, Lovedale.
Nestled in the misty blue hills of the Nilgiris, the School Campus is a marvellous and unique ecological space for children to live, to learn and to enjoy themselves. The joy of parents meeting children will permeate the campus. You will have the opportunity to interact with fellow parents and the entire school community. While you are with us, we would like to make your visit a memorable experience. Please help us organise a wonderful and successful Founder’s Day 2018 by following the guidelines given below.
1. Kindly register yourself at the Reception Counter for parents /OLA Counter near the Security Gate. Do not forget to register your guests as well.
2. Parents and OLs may collect your lunch coupons (non-chargeable) for 25th May, 2018 at the Reception Counter. Relatives, friends and guests of students will purchase lunch coupons on payment of 300/- per person.
3. Lunch coupons for 26th May, 2018 may be purchased by Parents/Guests/OLs at the Reception Counter on payment of 300/- per person. Cost of lunch coupons will be charged to the student’s personal account for parents/relatives/friends. OLs will purchase lunch coupons from the OLA Counter. Please remember to retain the coupons till lunch is served.
4. Vehicle parking areas have been demarcated. Volunteers will guide you to the respective parking lot. Parents will park at the Elementary School area, Principal’s Line and Welbeck Estate road. Old Lawrencians will park at the Pichkani Flats. Self driven vehicles may be parked in front of the Junior School and Prep School on first-come-basis. However, the vehicles parked in front of the Junior School and Prep School can be taken out only at the end of the day’s programme. OL batches coming in mini buses will park in the Junior School Garage area.
5. A shuttle service to the School campus is available at the respective parking areas.
6. Emergency Medical Services are available at the School Hospital.
7. Help is just a call away. In case of an emergency, please contact Mr Kuldeep Singh on 9487429209 or Mr. Jaswant Singh Sisodiya on 9489452225.
8. The School is a temple of learning. Hence, it is a NO PLASTIC, NO SMOKING and NO ALCOHOL zone.
9. Washrooms/toilets are available at various places around the campus – behind the Staff Club, behind the ABC, Science Block (ladies), Kitchen Square (gentlemen), Senior School Nilgiri Dorm (gentlemen), Junior School Academic Block, Prep School staff room (ladies), near Sumeru dorm at Prep School, the Boys’ washroom in Senior School (gentlemen), at Girl School (ladies). Temporary toilets are located at the Senior School Lawns, behind the Staff Club and near the Prep School.
10. Please help us to keep the school clean. Please use appropriate dust bins/trash cans designated as degradable waste and non-degradable waste provided at various places around the campus to facilitate the School’s Green Initiative drive.
11. Drinking Water Points have been set up at various places around the campus. There are 6 such points on the Lawn in front of the Main School Building, 2 on the side lawns, 4 at the ‘Echoing Greens’ near the Science Block, 2 points at the parking lots (one each at the Elementary School Verandah and the Pichkani Flat). Other points are placed at the Reception, Y Junction (‘May I Help You’ Counter), Junior School Complex, Art block, Prep School, Girls’ School and outside the ABC.
12. Your children and their teachers have worked hard to organize and put up the various programmes for you. Please switch off your cell phones during all indoor programmes.
13. Seats at various venues, where functions are held, may be occupied on a first-come-basis. However, there are a few seats kept reserved for Special Invitees. Please help us honour our commitment to them.
14. Kindly be seated at least 15 minutes before the commencement of any programme. Children below 10 years need your special attention and hence you may keep them with you, outside the Large Hall. There will be video coverage of the events in the Large Hall which will be projected on one large LED Screen placed in the lawn, for your convenience.
15. (a) Food stalls have been placed in Prep School and Girls School Flats. These will be open from 11:00 am to 04:30 pm on 24th May, 2018, from 09:30 am to 05:30 pm on 25th May, 2018 and from 10:00 am to 04:30 pm on 26th May, 2018. Snacks are available for parents and visitors on payment. However, food must not be carried to or consumed at any of the event venues. (b) Kindly note that your drivers/attendants are not permitted to enter the campus. This is to avoid overcrowding. Your drivers/attendants can have tea, snacks and meals on payment, in the Support Staff Canteen at the Elementary School area, which is also one of the car parking spaces.
16. Your children, who are students here, have to be within the campus on both days. You will be causing their Housemasters/Housemistresses much worry and anxiety if you take them out of campus during the course of the two-day celebrations. The Senior School students can leave the campus only after the ‘Beating Retreat’ on 26th May, 2018. Prep School and Junior School students may leave after the Variety Enter-tainment on 26th May, 2018. The students must accompany their parents when the Exeats are being issued. Exit for vehicles of Prep school students is from the rear gate of the Prep School.
17. The dormitories are private living spaces for students and must be respected. Hence, the dormitories are out of bounds for parents, OLs and guests.
18. The lunches hosted in School on 25th and 26th May, 2018 are for parents, OLs and guests only. Children are given pocket mon-ey for meals at the Pagal Gymkhana. We solicit your help in sending your children back to their respective schools as per instructions/schedules given to them by their respective Housemasters/Housemistresses and MICs. Roll Call timings for students on 25th and 26th May, 2018 are as follows :-
19. Leave the photography and videography to us. We have engaged the services of professional photographers and videographers who will cover all the events. Orders for photographs and video CDs/DVDs will then be placed, on the request of your child, by the Housemasters/Housemistresses.
20. Parents may buy books for their children at the Book Exhibition organised in the Junior School. Venue : IXA, IXB , IXC and IXD on the 24th and 25th of May 2018.
21. All visitors are requested to maintain silence and respect the event and the effort behind it.
22. Your cooperation and adoption of the guidelines will help us to have a safe and successful 160th Founders Day Celebration.
It is another year gone by at The Lawrence School, Lovedale. We have grown from strength to strength with honour and pride. The completion of 160 years propels us to an exciting future and the journey continues…