See where money donated by Old Lawrencians goes.
REPORT OF THE ALUMNI OFFICE 3 JUNE 2013 TO 3 FEB 2017 ( 44 Months / 5 Pages/ 60 points/ Rs 811l)
1. The Class of 1982 who is by far the single largest Class donor group in the history of our School have contributed Rs 115 lakhs to their Class collection for brand new Stables to house approximately 25 horses and work will start once all Governmental approvals have been obtained.
2. The Class of 1984 (Rs 51 lakhs ) and the Class of 1991 (Rs 40 lakhs) are jointly supporting the establishment of an Amphitheatre type seating arrangement between Senior School lawns and Middle Flats. This will give the School a 2600 seater facility that will significantly impact the retention of that wall and provide seating for events at Middle Flat. Work has started and is expected to complete
later in 2017 .
3. The Class of 1976 have marked 40 years of Life after Lovedale by transferring Rs 31 lakhs to the School for a cause that is to be decided shortly. Thanks also to Arjun Rajaratnam of this Class who helps us manage OL contributions from USA and who has helped transfer over US Dollar 225,000 to the School over the past 3 years.
4. The Class of 1966 have contributed funds to support the commencement of Yoga as an activity at School. This new activity is extremely popular with Preppers and Girls , in large measure due to the presence of Sangeetha Jairam, OL Class of 1987, who is the Yoga Teacher and whose costs are being borne by 1966.
5. The Class of 1996 have contributed a new Cricket Score Board for Top Flats along with new Hardware and Software for the Media Club at School. They have also helped the School purchase Four brand new LED Televisions for installing in different wards at the renovated School Hospital.
6. The Class of 2001 have gifted the School with a new Maruti Eco Ambulance to mark 15 years of their lives after Lovedale.
7. Pradeep Sarin of 1972 has donated a Corpus of Rs 5 lakhs to institute two Scholarships in memory of his Mother to be awarded to Day Scholars for Excellence in English and Sport. The first awards were presented on 14 November 2016.
8. OLs from Kollam and Nilgiris helped with gifts of Cashew nuts and Tea to support the IPSC Principals Conclave that the School hosted in Dec 2015. Fund transfers of approx. Rs 2 lakhs also supported this event.
9. The Classes of 1993 and 1974 are in the midst of a Fund raising drive that should result in more support for the dear old School.
10. The wonderful Class of 1972 has gifted the School with a Giant National Flag that now
occupies pride of place on Top Flats and is a source of arousing patriotic feelings among all visitors and stakeholders at our Campus.
11. A new Pavilion with Roof on Top Flats along with part support to the Top C Cricket Net facility: Rs 48 lakhs from the Class of 1990: work completed on 20 May 2014. What a gift to our School and a full year before they had to!
12. Wooden Floors for 4 Badminton Courts at the Gym, now called the ABC.. Alumni Badminton Centre:Class of 1994 supported by many OLs across Batches: Rs 34 lakhs: work started in Jan 2014, inaugurated!
13. Campus wide Wi-Fi facility enabled by 1 Mar 2014: Class of 1964: Rs 13 lakhs.
14. Two day Training for all Staff happened 31 July 2013 supported by MM Venky Sum76: Rs 3 lakhs.
15. All year Hockey Ground at Pichees Flats: freshly fenced/levelled/marked with new Goal Posts: Koshy Varghese Vin80: Rs 4 lakhs: Started Playing on 27 Jan 2014.
16. One High Pressure Washer donated by Farrokh/ 1982: July 2013.
17. New Career and Personal Counselling Room: inaugurated by the Class of 1983 on 28 Sept 2013: Rs 7.5 lakhs.
18.. Two Squash Courts Renovation completed on 12 Oct 2013: Hardeep Singh/1984: Rs 5.5 lakhs…
19. Support Staff Toilets and Housing: Recd Rs 19 lakhs from the Class of 1988, Rs 29 lakhs from the Class of 1998 and Rs 12 lakhs from other OLs.. work started 21 Oct 2013, first phase inaugurated 5 Feb and second phase in Oct 2014…total 57 new Toilets delivered.
20. Senior School Classroom Furniture replaced completely by the Class of 1989 in July 2013: Rs 17 lakhs.
21. Sixty Four Framed Posters of Sports/Music Stars adorn all Junior/Senior Dorms: Jayant/1989.
22. Two new Synthetic Tennis Courts inaugurated 24 Mar 2014 near Staff Club: Class of 1989: Rs 21 lakhs.
23. Twenty Mountain Cycles donated by Arun Alagappan/1993 to start a new Cycling Club in Aug 2013..Twenty more Cycles donated in Aug 2014..and a further 20 cycles purchased at a heavily discounted price from TI Cycles….with 60 cycles, this is now the MOST popular Club in Lovedale..
24. Four 42 inch LED Televisions donated by the Class of 2005 for Senior School Dorms in Aug 2013.
25. New Band Instruments and Trophies worth Rs 4.5 lakhs donated by the Class of 1977 to help the School Band participate in the IPSC Band Competition on 29 Nov 2013.
26. Two 42 inch LED Televisions donated from General Alumni donations for Junior School Dorms.
27. US Dollars 20000 donated by Dr Paul Mathew Vin81 to kick off a new Learning Resource
Centre at Lovedale in association with the Class of 1999 who will lead this Project..Our School Library has been renovated with new Computers/Furniture etc
28. Rs 4 lakhs worth of new Lego Kits and Laptops donated from General Alumni funds for the School Robotics Club in November 2013.
29. Rs 2 lakhs raised from 3 CP Mammen Brothers and a few OLs to support a new Mac Computer and Software for the School Media Department.
30. Ten “Temporary” Toilets are located around the Campus in May 2014 to be in place to cater to Visitors, esp during Founders…costing Rs 2 lakhs from General OL donations.
31. A new Audio/Video Sound/Projection and Lighting system with Curtains worth Rs 20 lakhs gifted to the Large Hall by the Class of 1971..in place on 15 May 2014.
32. A Projector gifted by the Class of 1986 to the School Conference Room now at Junior School.
33. Dinesh Madapa Class of 1977, an A Grade Squash Coach in New Zealand, coached the Children at Squash in Oct 2013 for a week…Ali Shah, Class of 1998 and budding Bollywood Star and Theatre Enthusiast directed the School Play at Founders 2014, the first time an OL was involved with such a Production…
34. Suresh and Pratap Nair from the Class of 1979 have sponsored a book “Inside Out” by a Staff member Ms Shangon DasGupta that was released during Founders 2014..Rs 1 lakh.
35. Idlis are extremely popular with the Students because Idli Podi supplies for two years in
Lovedale was sponsored by an OL from 1986.
36. The Environment and Fashion Show at Founders14 was sponsored by General OL contributions..Rs 2.2 lakhs.
37. The Class of 1989 have gifted Instant Geysers and Washing Machines for all Girls School Dorms in March 2014…Rs 1.5 lakhs…and a further Rs 1.2 lakhs for LED lights that highlight Student Art Work in the Corridor below Aravalli house dorms..
38. Raj Majumder of the Class of 1991 gifted 11 Computers, a Conference Table along with 14 Work stations and a lot of furniture, two printers and some Telephone Instruments to various departments of the School in March 2014.
39. The Gnat aircraft donated by the Air Force in memory of an OL of 1976 has been freshly painted in April 2014 by the OL’s classmates..Rs 0.6 lakhs.
40. Tea supplies for the whole School for 2014-15 was donated by an OL…Approx 1 Ton of Tea from Assam found its way to Lovedale…
41. OLs in the Nilgiris contributed a new LED Television for our Support Staff Recreation Centre in July 2014..in time for the World Cup FIFA Finals..
42. Rs 47 lakhs+ donated by the Class of 1992 for two new Basketball Courts…and Gallery at new “Flat ‘92”…LSL is now the HQ for Basketball in the Nilgiris…inaugurated 25 April2015.
43. Dr Sabu Jacob, Ara1979, former School and Nilgiri District Cricket Captain has sent a Cricket Bowling Machine from the UK for the new Cricket Net facility on TopC…inaugurated March 2015.
44. Mathai Cyriac of 1977 donated two Dental Chairs with accessories and X Ray machine for our School Hospital in Aug 2014.
45. The Class of 1965 decided to back Support Staff Housing Upgrades..Rs 13 lakhs has come in. The Class of 1970 donated a further Rs 33 lakhs to cover the cost of a further three units. Work to start when approvals come in.
46. Mr MA Alagappan,1959 supported by the Class of 1990 and 1993 donated funds of approx. Rs 34 lakhs to help Roof /Fence Top C Cricket Nets to make good seven Pitches and to make it an all-weather all-year Practise Ground..plus a new Sports Store…work started 1 Dec14 and inauguration on 21 May 2015…
47. Vinod 83 and Pramila Nambiar 88 have met entire expenses of Rs 5 lakhs to completely support revival of our Indian Music Department with new instruments…revived in Oct 2014 to synchronise with return of Pramod Pagay 79 who returned as Music Teacher.
48. Mayank Bansal and Ankur Boruah of the youngest OL Batch of 2014 have trained our Robotics Club who reached National Finals of the Robotics Olympiad ..July 2014 and again in Oct 2016.
49. The Class of 1980 have contributed just under Rs 5lakhs for work with the School Archives. Documents are being digitized with the help of this Fund, Admissions Registers 1858-1985 are done.
50. Old Lawrencians across Classes have started donating Rs 16000 per Chair at Large Hall to raise Rs 100 lakhs from 630 odd Chairs…120 Chairs are already taken and names of donors have been placed.
51. An OL from the Class of 1980 has delivered 100 sets of Pens for all Staff from his Pen Manufacturing Plant in Bangalore that exports to 44 Countries worldwide.
52. The Class of 1995 have donated funds of Rs 7 lakhs to purchase a new Grand Yamaha Piano for Large Hall in place on 25 May 2015.
53. The youngest donor Class of 2006 have donated Rs 5 lakhs to the School to help establish Driving Nets and a Putting Course for a new Golf training facility that will hopefully encourage Lawrencians to take to Golf in a big way…we await further funds to help start work in June 2017.
54. The Class of 1967 has started transferring funds for their 50th year of Life after Lovedale…and discussions on a suitable project are on….
55. Kalyani Ganapathy of the Class of 2001 has donated about 150 books to the Library. Adil Gandhy of 1961 sent us 19 Art Work Prints that are displayed all around the School.
56. An OL sponsored the Red Pen, a Consulting firm in Mumbai, to conduct two Workshops for Senior Students in Aug 2015 on Resume Writing and on Foreign University Admissions.
57. The Class of 1981 has transferred Rs 5 lakhs to help kickstart a unique Shola Restoration Project on our Campus with the involvement of our Students. Work started Dec 2016 and the Grass is Growing!
58. Derek Gaw from the UK Chapter sent us funds to buy new Musical Instruments for Prep School children in memory of his wife Elizabeth who passed away recently.
59. Paul Sabapathy of 1957 has transferred Rs 1.5 lakh for a Scholarship/Medal in Math to be awarded every year in memory of his Mother, a former Staff member. He has also transferred another Rs 1 lakh for work to help clean up the Cemetery.
60. The Jessy Joseph Memorial Hall at Girls School was renovated at a cost of Rs 7 lakhs and this cost was paid by her OL Brothers Jebby and Jeffy in 2016.
Find a project that you would like to donate to
Projects needing funds – as on 13 June 2013
1. Gymnasium flooring: Wooden, for 4 Badminton and 1 BasketBall
2. Tennis Courts 2 + 2
3. Squash Courts
4. Pavilion with shelter for Top Flats
5. Indoor swimming pool
6. Junior School Play area: BasketBall
7. Staff Club
8. English Lab
9. Science Lab stairway, landing and toilets
10. Senior School study rooms – 4
11. Library : flooring etc
12. Senior School Toilets – 4
14. Flooring in front of Class XII
15. Large Hall – Audio and Video
16. LCD TVs for Senior School Dorms – 4 nos
- Seminar Room
2. Amphi Theatre
3. Western and Indian Music Rooms
4. Dance Room
5. Squash Courts
6. Golf Range
7. Hockey Ground at Pichee Flats
8. Career Counselling room
9. Residence for Senior boys
10. Stables with changing room and office
11. Garbage Management system
12. Water Harvesting and Conservation
13. Staff Training
14. Service Projects
15. Student Training
16. Staff Accessories
17. Staff and support staff accommodation